Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thoughts from a young Guy

August 31, 2008
Everything is quiet.
Just the sound of the electric fan in my room.
The sound of the keyboard while i am pressing each letter to compose this blog.

I am still not sleepy.
I am forcing my self right now. But I cannot.
Today is Sunday. The time is 1:01 in the morning.

A while ago, I was trying to really sleep that my mind doesn't want to rest.
Maybe because I slept a lot when traveling going back here in our house from my dorm.
So, what I did was I get a paper bag, and started sorting out the content of it. And repair the damaged part of the paper bag.
It was the paper bag that my foster family in Ibaraki - ken prefecture, Japan gave me. And the paper bag contains all of the memorabilia that I had during my stay in Japan.
It was very Nostalgic.
Smiles and tears coming down my eyes as I look on the pictures that we had with my foster family.
The CD contains the Video while doing the udon and soba.
The Sumarai Thing.
Papers from Waseda University and the paper mat from McDonalds.
And a lot more.
Nostalgic.
Very Nostalgic.
How I wish I have the money, the time to go back and visit the place that made me cry....a lot.

I would like to do things that I never had to do when I was at Japan.
And, additional to that are the newly met friends from A+3YF in Singapore.

But, you may seem to notice...
Why I am so attached to that place?

Well there are few reasons:
1. I am really a goer of Jpop Culture
2. I love Anime and the Music that comes with it
3. It is all about the beat and rhythm!
4. It is just really me...being emotional.


I could characterized as a person that is can be easily attached to one place, once I fell in love with it.
I like traveling.
I like to say hellos.
But I hate saying Goodbyes.

It made me cry many times now.
even though there is a Language barrier, it is the heart that talks.

******



I had blog last week about life, in general, is amazing.
Yes it is, and yes it will be as long as you are living.

Despite the difficult times that our country is encountering, most especially my family,
there is still hope on everything.
At least we keep on surviving on our everyday lives.
This is really keeping me hyped in my life.
To help my family by the time I graduate.
And do the things I wanted to do, like getting a masters degree.
That's the reason why I like to study, and at the same time work abroad.

I feel frustrated yesterday about the current situation of the Philippines.
I mean, we could have done something about it, if right people are running for the position, and getting elected by the people.
I still don't know why some other citizens of this country still votes for those politicians that are obviously corrupt, self-serving and promote nepotism.
It is really unfair, especially to those Filipino that are bot yet born, but inherit a 4 Trillion debt from the World Bank. How good is that.

In my frustration, I had a friend that I have been talking in the Yahoo Messenger for about 30 mins regarding my concern to the government.
Ranting. Really frustrated.
If only the government listens to the current generation, for we see and experience the poverty that we are encounter in our everyday lives.
I hope the government can hear the ideologies that younger generation have.

I am really frustrated, because you want to do something, you know that you can do something,
but you are helpless because your family doesn't have any political background or allies to start of.
You don't have any "connections" with "someone" so that you could enter the government with ease.

When will be the time that the SK will end it's "Pa-liga" tradition and start moving for a change.
Well, some do....but majority isn't moving yet.
The youth can do something, but please, put it on a good use.
You guys at SK are the ones who had the privilege and opportunity to represent the youth and serve the country.
Put the fund into good use.
I am not saying "Pa - liga" is not a good project, but I believe there are better.
Try to hype the youth in your place on helping the country, having the sense of responsibility on their environment and how they can improve there lives.
So that SK can help the effort of some government agencies, that often have a low budget, can push its advocacy.

I hope that in 2010, we will elect the right person to vote...
from executive position down to the legislative....even to barangay captains.
(if you want to discuss Philippines politics just tell me)

My sense of nationalism is still there.
That's the reason why I am frustrated.
I love the Philippines, and I will continue as long as I am living.

******

When I arrived here in Laguna, I relaxed after a week of hardships.
There is no place like home.
So started pigging out, by eating a lot cooked by mom.

And today, September 1, 2008
It is her 45th birthday.

I really, really love my mom.
She has been there for me to support me in my endeavors, including my father and aunt of course.

But since I have a class every Monday, I will not be joining them on a simple celebration.
I will have to call, and prepare something for my mom when I get back again in our house.
How I wish, I have many money, so that she could relax on a spa and have a full body massage.
She have been working hard for our family, together with my father.
My mother is a School Registrar and that keep my two younger siblings to go to school.

Despite the fact that she is at Laguna right now, and I am here all alone here in my dorm in Cavite...
I make it sure that I greeted here before I left our house and greeted her again while I am here in Cavite.

Happy Birthday Ma!

No comments: