Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Paint the World RED!

They say that, if you are on top, there is no way but to go down.
But this week is different from others.
This week was considered as the "worst economic situation" since 1930's in the states.

If you are not updated on what's happening on your sorroundings, i suggest that you should start becuase this will greatly affect your life in the future.
September 15, 2008 was a day to remember when everything in wall street was red, yah, red. As in everything is having a great lost to their asset's values.
I am an expert in economy or math, but if you are try to observe, you must be probably saying: Damn! What is happening to the Global Market?
a 158  - year old company, the Lehman Brothers, filed a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
(Don't know Chapter 11 Bankruptcy? Check this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapter_11,_Title_11,_United_States_Code)

So what's the big deal?
Damn a 158 - year old company, suddenly lose it's drive to the global economy?
You must be kidding me. There is something wrong.
Then now it's AIG.
And in singapore, everybody is getting now there money out of AIG.
Now, there is a panic on the consumer's side.
But AIG says that there is nothing to worry about.

Now, here in my beloved country, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas said that there will be no big worries for the Filipinos.
Just like in the case in Singapore, the worried consumers of PhilamLife, which is a branch of AIG here in the Philippines, is now thinking of getting there money out the insurance company.

And the scenario in Asia, is that, what happening in the US has a BIG effect in Asia. (of course! It's a "global market").
A domino effect that will evetually greatly affect each one of us. 
But I am really wondering is that, why, here in Asia, "they" are saying to don't need to panic at all.

If you have the access to newspaper, television, internet and even radio, try to digest the details of the ecomic situation...
(because I really cannot digest it..hehehehe)

September 17, 2008
was the day that my organization had our first lecture for our members.
It was very informative and tiring on our part (the organizers) but everything is worth doing it.
Thanks to Mr. Toto Villaruel of ImageNation for the wonderful lecture.

Went also to DLSU-M to give our thesis group's letter to the VCA.

September 18, 2008
I started the photo essay that we are supposed to do for our photohournalism class.
I figured out of doing something different from the others.
I am doing a photo essay for a volunteer from CSB.

More details will be posted when I am done on my photo essay.

September 19, 2008
The day of our Editorial Management Class exposure trip.
First stop was the National Printing Office.
Many funny moments in the site.
And also on the Bus number 2 which happens to be a comedy Bar.
hahahahaha.
Then we went to Print Expo at Pasay.
Got few freebies.
(what can you expect to get, no other than printed papers! and candies...hahahaha)

It was informative on our part.

After that, some of my friends decided to go to SM Mall of Asia to chill and forget about some school works.
So off we went to Starbucks for me to confirm "something".
Hope everything will work in a positive manner.

Then we had dinner at a restaurant near the bay area to witness a fireworks show.
My friends fell in love with it, and some in fact cried because of what they have witnessed.

Then stroll around the mall.
Looked for a gaming center.
Played a little and then decided to go to the newly opened Krispy Kreme. (it is not the kiosk)

When we are looking for a seat when suddenly I saw someone, and she greeted me vibrantly.
The Political Figure! hahahahaha

She is ate Jam. She is an alumnae of our school having a degree of AB Political Science.
She is one of the people who helped me to become the CLASC President last 2007.

Then our group sat down.
We are having fun, and suddenly...

Everyone near our table, including ate Jam's group was like looking outside.
They have seen Elly Buendia (If you are born at the Philippines and in the 1990's YOU MUST KNOW HIM) walking outside
I was like: NO that's not him.
After posing for a picture from someone, he started to walk again, casually.


So I went outside and the BF of ate Jam to look for Elly.
Then we found him at the SM Science....(what do you call that again?)
He was in the cue with his wife and his children.

Then the group of ate Jam followed.
at first we are hesitated to have a pic with him.
But eventually, they pulled it off.

Elly with ate Jam's group

Thumbs Up! Pareng Elly!


September 20, 2008
Off I went again to manila, this time at malate.
It was my first time in the place (I am not a party person).
Cafe Adriatico was the place of the shoot for the second part of my Photo essay.
It was fun. and informative as well. learned sign langauage a bit.
Thanks to Sir Leo and to all of the people of Hands on Manila for the wonderful time!
And taking good care of me!

September 21, 2008
I wasn't able to watch the ADMU-DLSU Game 1 Finals series because i am not feeling well.
Anyway, ADMU won. I hope DLSU can win this thursday to extend the series.

***
Red is the Theme Here, baby!
Pretty much excited about the return of Heroes: Villains!
I need to watch the second coming episode tonight!


No comments: