Monday, September 15, 2008

The Weeks that Was II

The Saga Continues....

September 10
The opening of the Student's Days in our university.
We had this Ginoo at Binibining Lasalyano 2008

Our male college representative won 1st runner - up and 
our female college representative won the top prize!
Mabuhay ang CLA!

September 11
This is the day when Moymoy Palaboy graced our school to perform on the annual Kantahan, Tugtugan, Sayawan.
Many happened during and after the event.
Anyway, it was one hell of an event.

September 12
Performance day for our stage play
I potrayed Kulas, the lead Character for Sa Pula, Sa Puti.

September 13
This is the day that Macy ( a friend of mine from DLSU-M) and me agreed to go to the 29th Manila International Book Fair
at the SMX Convention Center, just beside the SM Mall of Asia.

I can say that this day was all about waiting in line.
Before meeting her, I searched for a place to eat for my lunch.
Since there is so many creatures in Asia's biggest mall, i decided to go the more fewer people.


I went to Greenwhich and waited for the line. While waiting, I look on the picture gallery of my point and shoot camera.
And then, someone stood in front of me. I thought she is one of the crew at Greenwhich, and she will get my order.
Upon looking at her, i was surprised to see the lady.


                                                         Caught her off guard...LoL

It was Marianne.
The Former President of CBASC and a collegaue.
She works at of of the boutique in SM - MOA.
So we this chat while having lunch.
After our lunch, I urged him to grab some Sbucks, but she needs to back to her job.

So, off I went to Star Bucks for some reasons:
1. To grab a Signature Hot Chocolotae
2. To get an application form
3. To pass the application form and hopes SBucks hire me as a part - time Barista
And then Macy came to SBucks to help me with my application.

After that, we went to SMX, for she is itching to see the books.
And man, the book fair was really one of a kind.
for only 10 pesos entrance fee (8 pesos for Students, Faculty, Librarian and 5 pesos for children)
you got to see wide selection of titles with special bargains and freebies.

Macy, and I didn't used our school ID (anyway, she shouldered my entrance fee).

She was like craving for the Twilight Series.
Damn, I was like saying that she is riding the bandwagon of the book, but she said that the series is really interesting.


So, she bought the series and I was like having a nose bleed because there is SO MANY books. (well, its like my experience in KinoKuniya, this time, it was EXTREME)
Anyway, I planned to buy only one book, The Art of War.
I wanted to read that book, but I have no chance of buying it before.

So, after macy we went to go back to the National Book Store Booth.
Along the way, I am searching for the September 15 issue of TIME magazine, and luckily I found one.
When i bought the magazine, one guy told the person at the cashier: "Bro, kindly give sir a Newsweek poster"
Wow, an big Newsweek poster was given to me.
Not contented with it, i said to the guy at the cashier: "Sir, I am a TIME reader, can i have a TIME poster as well"
And the guy at the cashier was like scrambling to find a TIME poster. After the search, he was able to give me a TIME poster.
That gave me a smile on my face.

When we reached NBS booth, i looked for the book that I am looking for, and i was able to find it.
While waiting for the line, I and macy was looking at some titles, and I have seen many books that really catches my attention.

Since I am on a tight budget, I will ask my aunt to buy the books for me at london. 

     The Next in Line!!!
   Coffee for a boring moment...

Anyway, i was at the line for about 45 minutes.
Yes, standing for a bout 45 minutes (with a laptop on your back).
though the waiting was an entertaining one for me and macy.
Upon reaching the counter, i was like celebrating.
And that was all for one book.
     Supposedly Php 350.00, then it was 20% off...


Anyway, Macy meet her parents near the Krispy Kreme kiosk and me off to the nearest ATM that gave me another waiting experience
for about 15 minutes.
Damn, it takes a lot of patience.
And it is really not easy to walk around an enourmous mall, with your laptop at the back (thank God i haven't brought my DLSR).

                                                TIME and THE ART WAR..great buys!

That day was really productive and sensible on my part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ang hilig mo talga.....