Monday, May 25, 2009

Unconditional Love




I am fortunate enough to be part of the Lasallian Youth Commission as one of its facilitators last May 16 - 21, 2009 at La Salle Greenhills. 

Kuya keane told me: “Welcome to the Lasallian Youth Commission” upon giving the crucifix.
It was one casual moment that I will treasure in my lifetime.


As the workshop/meeting goes on, I then realize what I am longing for when I left DLSU-D. As I saw it thru the eyes and smiles of the participants, I told to myself, this is what I missed…big time. 

Hearing Br. Arianne Lopez, FSC talk about the LYC during his time and our time, it is really a dream come true for those that are hoping to make a change for the betterment of the Lasallian youth and for our country. “You are making history, take this opportunity to make a change…”

I have been to many conferences, seminars and forums, locally and internationally, but there is nothing like the Lasallian way. It was one hell of a moment for me as I look at them. And I told to my self that I should do this again. I should help lasallian youth for them top grow to help to make a better Philippines. I unconditionally love La Salle and my country, the Philippines. This 2010 elections, let your voices be heard.

The youth sector can elect the next President of the Philippines. Register and Vote. Participate and be active.

As what Engr. Jun Lozada said to all of the Lasallian Leaders, “Be a diamond, Share the Light”


The hopes are high for the 2009 – 2010 National Executive Committee of the Lasallian Youth Commission. And we are here to be your back –up, ready to support and help you guys. Rektikano!

A million thanks to Ate Vanez and Kuya Keane for the wonderful opportunity that you had given me, until next time. And to all of the Lasallians that I had meet during the LYC Summer workshop/meeting, It is my honor to be part of your journey. ^_^

---

And there she goes…

Asking permission from ate Vanez and Kuya Keanne, I was able to go out of La Salle Greenhills and went to Greenbelt 3, specifically at Sentro last May 17, 2009 to bid farewell to my friend, Areum Cha. It was a very quick but sensible night. Actually, all of the possible topics that we could talk about were already discussed before the night. The chapter was ended, and we need to flip the page. And I believe she is happy with her life now, and that is being with her family.

The classic text message that I will treasure is: “…Im gonna miss you and the Philippines.”

---

Loving unconditionally can make you think and do things that you do not imagine that you will do on a regular basis. Even though you are hurting yourself, as long as you see that person happy, you will take a step further for that person.

In my case, I have been into a painful relationship. And I thought that I will never really feel the “love” that I felt before and during that painful relationship. Actually, I cannot believe that I will utter the phrase:

“I will always be here for you, not matter what. All I want is to see you happy…”

Then I realized, yes I love unconditionally, and I am not waiting for anything in return…because she loves somebody else.  Yes it was like a real poke in the heart. But the reason why we love is for us to see the ones we love happy. And that’s my goal.

Then Romeo Soriano and I had this conversation a while ago. We have similarities when it comes to love, we are hopeless romantic. During the conversation, he shared to me a song of Incubus entitled Monuments and Melodies. The part of the song that really hit me was:


You make me happy
You magnify my better half
You make me certain
Though all I have today is your photograph


Yes indeed, All I have is her photograph, a simple reminder for me that I should not let the day past without even smiling. And I will never get tired to bring joy to your life. Thank you, for giving me the reason to smile and believe in the concept of love.

No comments: