Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Jackner John: Chronicles of My Return to Singapore (Posted on July 28)

Entry number 1
4:42am.
July 28, 2008
NAIA Terminal 1
Gate 16


I am here at an empty space.

While waiting for the gate to open and some boarding announcements, it's relieving to think the memories that I have with this very spot.

It’s nice to have my mom as we have a dinner date. She also helped me packed my things
My mom accompanied me to the airport. She slept at my dorm and we left at around 2:00 am. Pretty early. It was a fast travel to the airport.


A few months back, I am here with fellow Filipino youth Delegates for the JENESYS Programme. There are so many people, chatting, laughing, and waiting.

But right now, I am waiting, all alone.

Sometimes, it nice to be alone, you can contemplate o
n the things that you have done in the past. But that will suddenly hit you with happy memories, that you have companions.

When I arrive at Changi International Airport, I’ll be waiting for 2 more hours for my other co-Filipino Youth Delegates.


Entry number 2
11:30am
July 28, 2008
Novotel
Singapore

While I am doing this, I am using this thing :
Cebu Pacific uses Air Bus. It's good but you cannot avoid "rocky roads".
While in the flight, I have met two people, (Ate means older girl) Ate Cel and Ate Cherry.
(left: Ate Cherry, Right: Ate Cel)

The first one will work as a nurse at a hospital here in singapore the latter will meet her German BF.
While we are in the flight, ate cel got sick. So I offered her some help. Ate Cherry also helped, since we sat on the same row. (I am on the aisle)
The whole trip was like a drama programme episode featuring the story of ate Cherry. And with some touching moments by ate cel. (She had a new born baby, and she needs to leave the philippines to work)
Upon the conversation, we discovered that ate cel's husband work also here in singapore as a civil engineer.
it was a 3 hour flight (and its delayed). And since I am on a budget flight, CebuPac landed on the Budget terminal. How logical.
Upon arriving, I am worrying because I needed to go to terminal 1 to meet with other delegates (i am ahead of a few hours), but to my surprise, someone is holding a whiteboard with my name on it.
It was Ervin, from singapore who happens to be our guide (LO). He is so accommodating and kind.
Anyway, he accompanied me to the airport. While on the road, we had talked about his visit to UP and my trip to Singapore last year.
While doing this blog, other Filipino Youth Delegates arrived (that's the reason why this blog was unfinished a while ago).
Later we will have a Opening program on our dinner.
And here it starts, the ASEAN + 3 Youth Festival.

No comments: